Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent

My blog stalking has gotten out of control! But in a good way....is that even possible?!

I never had a desire to make my own laundry detergent, but after I stumbled across a super easy & cheap (I LOVE cheap) recipe from The Sitting Tree  blog & doing some further research, I just had to make my own because I hate buying detergent! It's so darn expensive!
This recipe only costs $2 per batch and takes 10 minutes to make!!!!

Ingredients:

2 cups finely grated Zote Soap (found at Walmart)
1 cup  Borax (deodorizes & acts as an alternative to color safe bleach)
1 cup  Washing Soda (used as a natural stain remover & softener in hard water)

*Use a tablespoon for a regular load of laundry & 2 tablespoons for heavy soiled laundry*


No comments:

Post a Comment