Thursday, January 6, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
I know I'm a lil' late - CB & I  have been crazy busy. I can't believe how fast the holidays flew by! I had planned to make a few more crafts, send out Christmas cards, photograph every detail of our first Christmas, wrap each present extra pretty & much more, but there never seems to be enough time or things just don't go as planned. I shouldn't complain - we still had a picture perfect First Married Christmas together!

Christmas Recap:
We spent Christmas Eve & Christmas morning with my family. I love my parents for continuing the "Santa" tradition even though we are all grown up & out of their house. They still know how to bring out the child in us each year & we LOVE it!!!
After breakfast CB & I headed to Ptown to spend the rest of Christmas with his family. I am so glad I married into another big family. There's never a dull moment during any holiday get together. It's non-stop laughing, reminiscing & picking on each other....good times!
And apparently, CB & I were extra good this year cuz we got some suhweet gifts!



New Year's Recap:
My brother, Jamie, was kind enough get 2 rooms at the downtown Hilton Placio de Rio. My other brother, Chris, CB, and I shared one room and Jamie & Melissa shared the other. We checked out all the live entertainment & toured the beautiful Riverwalk Christmas lights then decided to head back to the hotel for drinks. Downtown was ridiculously packed with people waiting to see the amazing fireworks display. We waited in line for 45 minutes for our first and only round of drinks. Luckily, we made it back to our room in time to see the fireworks display from our balcony. That was probably the prettiest way I have ever brought in the New Year! Glad we can finally say we've experienced downtown for New Year's. After all, we've lived here for almost 15 years. Thanks for including us in on the fun, Jamie!



Now it's time to work on our goals for the year and execute some house projects!


{SO true!}

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your tree!!!! I am so upset I didn't get over to see all your Christmas decorations for the 'first' time as MR & MRS! But I know there will be many more opportunities for that!!!!!! The tree was gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We had THE best first Christmas all thanks to our wonderful families!

    ReplyDelete