Sunday, November 14, 2010

Productive Weekend

Clayton and I had a very productive weekend. We started shopping for Christmas decorations early since we are starting from scratch....yay for our first married Christmas! 
I LOVE Christmas and especially love decorating! I don't think Clayton really understood my love for Christmas until we went shopping. Luckily, I had him to hold me back from buy everything in sight. If it wasn't for him,  it'd look like Christmas threw up in our house. I thought we did pretty darn good all thanks to Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree - I don't know what I'd do without these stores. 


We also reupholstered our dinning room chairs. 
Clayton and I were fortunate enough to inherit my great-grandmother's beautiful dinning room furniture from my parents. It needs a little love, but the bones are great! The cushions were the biggest eye sore (sorry Mom), so I decided to reupholster them last night. It was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. It was a nice surprise to see the previous material choices used by my grandparents and great-grandparents! I chose to leave the 3 oldest layers because I couldn't bare to throw away family history, and it didn't hurt that they added cushion.  


My mom's attempt at reupholstering the cushions...

I was going for a fresh, vintage look. I really like the way they turned out! 

I can't wait to start putting up the Christmas decorations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment